Aboriginal Culture Day Tour to Minjerribah
Time: 7:45am – 4:30pm
Departing and returning by coach to South Bank.
*Subject to minimum numbers
Immerse yourself in Aboriginal culture on a day tour to the beautiful Minjerribah (Stradbroke Island), enjoying and an indigenous experience of tribal song, dance, creation stories, traditional local language, and native foods. Take a swim in the hidden treasure of Bummiera (Brown Lake), which is a perched lake stained brown by the surrounding native teatrees. View dolphins from the Gorge Walk at Point Lookout, sampling native foods along the way. Finish the island tour with Boomerang throwing at Polka Point (Dunwich) before returning back to the mainland via the barge.
- Pick up South Bank – 7.45am
- Cleveland Barge – 9am-10am
- Morning Tea and Goompi Cultural Trail at Dunwich with Josh Walker – 10am-10.45am
- Visit Brown Lake including swim – 10.45am-11.30am
- Drive to Point Lookout – midday-11.30am-11.50am
- Gorge Walk for cultural talk, viewing dolphins and perhaps whales, tasting native foods along walk – 11.50am-12.30pm
- Lunch at Fishes Café (can be eaten either at the café opposite the Gorge Walk or on the headland across the road from cafe – 12.30pm-1.15m
- Travel back to Dunwich 1.15pm-1.35pm
- Boomerang Throwing at Dunwich (Polka Point) – 2.05pm-2.45pm
- Barge back to Cleveland 2.30pm-3.30pm including $10 café voucher for barge (alcohol, tea, coffee, cake).
- Drop back to South Bank 4.30pm
What to bring: hat, sun protection, water bottle and suitable shoes for walking.
THIS STUDY TOUR IS SPONSORED BY REDLAND CITY COUNCIL